a genuine sunday kind of love...

Hello, 

In this essay I will talk about nothing that is important in the grand scheme of things and that is okay. The virus is still at large (can you say that?) and well it is what it is. At this point I just...yeah neh
 
A long time ago in Grey's anatomy, the chief's niece was dying of cancer. There was this moment, she was talking with her uncle about her boyfriend. Her words went something like this, '...I am happy, he loves me. I have been loved...'. I don't know why that scene, those particular words have been playing on my head for a while now. Maybe it's time to rewatch it. I know I have been loved too, ohh how the Lord has blessed me when it comes to love, romantic and otherwise. I am grateful for that. Truly. 

I just finished a book, literally five minutes ago. A friend borrowed me the book. I liked it so much, it felt like something one could find in the Swaneng Hill School library, not quite Sidney Sheldon but something I'd pore over and finish in no more than two days. Made me feel nostalgic for something from then. It was about a little girl that had been murdered, went to heaven and had been 'looking over' her family from there. Longing for them, seeing how her death had changed their lives irreversibly. And how after a long time they managed to live on. When she got a chance, she came back to have sex with her crush - epic few moments there! She was so happy. I wonder what I'd come back to do or who I'd come back for. 

Other than that, I am having a really beautiful Sunday. Spent most of it lazy in bed, watching Netflix with my baby (this is the last time this man features in my blog). We had a *Sunday kind of love* Sunday. Everything was perfect. [redacted]. It is one of those days where I am not troubled by weird desires to be productive, or be somewhere else or be someone else or be some type of way. I just was and it was enough. I think all of these thoughts are partly because of the book - how dare I be ungrateful?!

I also retwisted my hair. My hair is one of my favourite things about myself. Grooming it is so grounding (also humbling and incredibly frustrating at times). It is one of the ways I express love towards myself. I was going to say it is a pity I am going to cut it, but I am really not and that is the truth. 

I guess what I am trying to say is, today is a good day. I am gonna have a cup of coffee now because I really want coffee (it is 9pm) and well it is what it is. I am looking forward to this week, I have a good feeling about it. 

Happy new week bobaby

Love and light 

x

PS
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQCdnv44cyo ( Just listened to this song again - it is not even about lazy Sundays with your lover mxm)
2. I am gonna read an Ian McEwan next, kind excited. Can't believe I haven't read anything from him. Don't know why I had to mention this. 
3. This post reminded me of Sunlight. Self-obsessed much?
4.  I talk about books a lot, next time I will bring fresh content that is about not books, promise lol


Comments

  1. This is so heartwarming, loved the Grey's Anatomy reference. I absolutely love that scene and I am so happy that you have been loved :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts