things could be worse

Saturday morning...I have had worse Saturday mornings, and I have had better ones too. To keep myself from spiralling, I will talk about the good and the bad... 

The bad                                                               

One of my housemates is filthy... think of the worst housemate you have ever had; he is probably like that while still being a lovely person, but GOSH... 

The good 

He is moving out in a month, I don't know what sort of person we will get next, but hopefully, they will be better. 

The bad 

My house/room is quite expensive for what it is... really. And again, the housemates are not exceptionally clean (or clean at all or hold cleanliness to any standard). 

The good 

Because I pay so much for this place, I am sternly determined to have a good time here or enjoy it. You won't break my soul-type beat. 

Exhibit A below



Also, I have a balcony now and can dry my clothes there. 




And I don't remember the last time I had access to an ironing board that wasn't Karabo's. 

It may make me dushy, but I will be in the shared areas, I will not lock myself in my room, etc. The revolution will be televised hommies... { I AM 30!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS IS MY LIFE ??!!}

The bad

I have spent so much money on food since moving here. 

 
The good 

I live 2 mins from Sainsbury's. 2 mins!! And Aldi is 10 minutes away, too... I trust myself to make better grocery-shopping decisions. 

The bad 

None. 

The good 

I went on a 4km jog this morning. When I get my money up... ama be doing post-jog pastries and whatnot. Though I may be suffering, I am also living my dream. 

Generally; 

Of late, my social media timeline has been filled with a lot of young people's death notifications, and that has been making me feel some type of way. I am not really sure what there is to say about death or the fragility of life that has not been said before...so may all their souls find eternal peace, and also may their loved ones be comforted. 

For you and me, let us remember that we are on borrowed time, see the poem here. 

Ohh, last week was the induction for my new job, and that had me spiralling. I was so overwhelmed and just in a state... then we had a social at the end, and I was like, psssssshhhh, I got this. Well, not really, but I was less (even if it is just marginally)... I was less worked up, so go to the social(or plan the social).

Comments

Popular Posts