RAGE

I think I need to improve in many aspects of my life. I am already good at many things, but I am quite pent up with the anxious energy of trying to find a home right now so I am quite negative. 

Anyway, I have committed, it is too late to back out now. I am going to live on half of my salary, and you know what... nothing, there is nothing to say about this. I can't say, 'Ohh, next time I will start looking for a place sooner....' or whatever else.  I have to admit that I am quite tunnel vision-y and indecisive. If I had found a sublet maybe I would have been thorough and a bit more measured. The problem is I feel like I can't spare any more time doing that( sending out a million enquiries) because I have an exam soon. I just wanna lock in the way I should have locked a few months ago looking for a home.  Thankfully is a 6-month minimum let so... at month four we will do all this again. Gosh, I am so tired. Beaten, truly. Obviously I am now regretting because I have the worst case of buyer's remorse. Only 184 days to go. I have a good feeling about Highgate (absolutely irrelevant). 

That said, committing really did give me a sigh of relief; I was spending too much time on Spareroom and girls who rent. 

Here is my renting history, just to remind myself where I have come from 


2014- 2017 - Unihalls, I think this was bliss. 

I didn't realise that it was expensive or anything like that. Yes, there were weird housemates in the mix, but it was lovely. There was no transport involved, no viewings involved, and I was always within a stone's throw from a library. The flats got cleaned. 


2017-2018  - Hospital accommodation, Shrewsbury Hospital 

Two things:

Housemates can be filthy (my heart sank because I was going to go back to sharing a toilet and bathroom). 

The other is that this was probably the best hospital accommodation ever. Other hospitals should try harder. Also, there is something quite predatory about some hospital accommodations, especially when you consider that sometimes their occupants are mostly international recruits.


2018 - 2021 - Unremarkable

I do think we lived next to a crack house or something along those lines, the fumes that were seeping through ?? And just the general vibes. 


2021 - 2023  - Do not live with live-in landlords. 

Consider live-in landlords if you are planning to be there for a short while. 

Through lodging I experienced; 

- proper domestic fights 

- the acquisition of a pet just like that - and these people were already not clean as it is 

- balifs coming to the house looking for the landlord ( truly - take some Nigerians with a  pinch of salt.)

- CATS SHED!

- they will smoke in the house. 

- they don't actually want you in their house

I think HMOs are slightly okay - but find something newer and, again - be moving on because they like increasing the rent all willy-nilly. 


Anyway, this is not doing what I want it to do... sigh.

Comments

Popular Posts