co sleeping

 Happy New Year!!! 

It is exam season, I keep drinking coffee so I can stay up and study in the evenings, but that always means disturbed sleep (sometimes with very little studying). I am tapping away and Sanks is sleeping (noisily) beside me. I have had a perfect Sunday kind of love - for which I am absolutely grateful to the Gods, this man makes me happy. Living in our private shared space (albeit temporarily makes me happy), and going on our little dates and walks makes me happy. I hope the great Gods of love keep us happy and thriving. Thank you annual leave - thank you strikes. 

I think if I knew some French and could get a job here that could advance my career, I'd move over. 

You know that feeling when you have probably rotted in bed all day (I didn't, I did a mock and walked outside and read x 2 subscription emails) and it's 3 am and you want to change your life for the better?? I have literally just thought of some goals for the year...in my borderline sleep-deprived state. I may or may not keep to them. The goals are; 

1. To write all my written papers this year (for my specialty training). After the one in Feb, if I pass it, that means 2 outstanding. I think that will probably cost like £1000 plus but I am keen on trying. I have enjoyed coming home and doing some studying, it feels wholesome and like I am advancing my career.  I am still performing below average even with 45 days to go so we shall see... 

2. To save £10k. My salary is like £51k, I am going 80% less than full time so that means roughly 80% of 51k. I would quite like to have a home... but if that is still far off, I can help at home or add to my ISA or do something. I have only ever managed to do that once and that was when I was living in low-cost Stoke and working in a Trust with reasonable locum rates. I might manage £7k tbh. I live in London now  - that may not be possible. Okay let's settle for £7.5k Absolutely will not work... £5k. 

3. To be able to run 10km by June or December...no June. In like bo maybe 1 hr 30 mins. That means I am getting HOKAs... lol. I actually do not know how I feel about running - such torture. If I am gonna be enterprising to save £5k or whatever... but we shall see. We ride at dawn. I need shoes, leggings and headphones. The aim for Jan is 10kms in total.

4. Lose 10kg. By some miracle...maybe through running. My BMI is absolutely overweight   

I am feeling sleepy. I think this will be all.... good luck to me and good luck to you. x

PS

First read of the year here - trigger warning (suicide, mental health, pregnancy loss).

I listen to this podcast a lot... may or may not be useful to you. 


From Paris, with love 


Comments

Popular Posts