And to all, a happy new year x

Happy holidays readers!

I am struggling to sleep for some reason, so for the last maybe 25 minutes I have been trying to get my 'subscribe via email' tab back. Failed. 

Anyway, random two am thoughts: 

a. Mint chocolate slaps!! I thought I hated it or them, but my boyfriend got some after eights for the house and they are bloody fantastic. 

b. I think if you put less pressure on Christmas to be perfect, it just becomes okay. It becomes a day you enjoy. I have always liked working on Christmas because: it takes pressure off making the perfect plans and I can get a day back in lieu to add to the many days I require to visit home. 

This year, I worked a night Christmas Eve, slept most of Christmas Day, and woke up to have some leftover couscous and chicken for dinner (with my lover). I think we then watched an episode of The Vampire Diaries, I did a little bit of studying and that was it. And I was content. Probably because I was all boo'd up or just too worn from the night shift to think about how it could all be different blah blah 

c. I am aware that sales are going on and I need clothes but... I just stop at the thoughts and that is it. I should practice that kind of intuitive restraint with my eating (economic indicator or otherwise). 

d. This year has been absolutely normal, all that a year called 2023 could be. I am not mad at it, I am not left wanting anything more from it, just happy that for the festive holidays - I was given time to sleep and rest.

I feel sleep kicking in - so I am going to sleep, next to my lover, in our single bed.  Maybe next year I will finally live like a normal adult again.

If we don't talk before, may you have a beautiful end of 2023, good luck with the new year. 

Comments

Popular Posts