Enola's interlude (lovers and friends)

 I loved my friend.

He went away from me.
There’s nothing more to say.
The poem ends,
Soft as it began—
I loved my friend.

                                                                                    -  Langston Hughes



[You know, I am so pleased with myself because I know so many poems and quotes; what a well-read babe!!!]


Anyway, this is about the leaving of my housemate. She has gone back to her familiar home and her sometimes okay, sometimes terrible family, and well, I am sad; she was sad too. I loved her and loved having her around. She was the best housemate ever and made me reminiscent of parts of me that I have let go of. I love being around younger people for this reason; they are so unyoked, so much freedom of choice. 

She was here as a French TA and enjoyed it so much. She visited so many places, made many friends, and gave her all to her students; she was such a breath of fresh air. I am rambling but trying to say I absolutely loved her. I am going to miss our walks, going to miss our hugs, going to miss her crepes, going to miss our gossip sessions, gonna miss dropping her off at work and...super humbled to have been the one to drop her off at the airport (except that parking was like £6.00 for like 4 minutes, and on my way back I kept missing my turns. If I took my test here - would have absolutely failed).

Anyway, she is off to Ecuador soon. Yesterday, I was hanging out with her and her colleague from Australia; they are here for two years and will be off to somewhere different after. Why can't I do that? Do I wanna do that? I don't know; I feel like, for Enola's sake, I will pursue Australia or my gap year with my boyfriend in Europe or something else seriously. The world is offering itself to me, and I feel I must partake (I don't know why this feeling because I hate feeling not settled).  

And lastly, moving is so expensive and dehumanising. She had to get rid of her food, duvet, and plant. It is not fair, and I am feeling this even more as I have to move in a few months, too; God be with us. Also, I live so close to Heathrow, why am I relocating again ?!

Anyway, let me get on with my work. Sending all three or two of you love 💖



Goodbye, Enola, my love; I will miss you dearly. 


Comments

Popular Posts