A beautiful ending.


Hello,

I got my afternoon off today, did absolutely nothing with it and that is fine. I am on my second bag of Cheetos and it is a vibe, I feel normal. I love feeling normal. I haven't uploaded in a while because I have been 'LIVING' lol. I am uploading 'the Scotland edit', the whole of it today, sorry if it is a lot to read. Let me get to it.

So, I finally made it to Edinburgh in the end. You know when you have always wanted to do something then you finally do that thing and your inner self goes 'ahhh yes'. I have always wanted to go to Edinburgh. Why? I do not know. When I got there, immediately off the train station I was washed by a wave of 'self actualisation' if you wanna call it that. The sky was grey (recurring theme over there) but the city looked beautiful, it felt rich in culture, it felt romantic and just yes! My host was really cool for our first proper hang out. I am honestly grateful for friends that are constantly willing to host me during my 'travels'.

Remember, I had/have money at this point and all was fair game. Fair game. We had sushi the first night. Sushi is actually expensive! I still do not like sushi even with the soy sauce. But hey cultured stuff. Gess and I did a lot of karaoke and dancing indoors because the weather was horrible. It was amazing. I think she won my heart when we sang along to two songs; We are one - Lion King and Dressed for Success - Roxette. The latter is a hit from one of my mum's fave band, had me all fuzzy and warm inside. We went to see a movie and I was content, money = happiness. Whenever I am home, in one of my home villages, Majwaneng or Kanye, my parents always get us to see all our family members (the close ones really) in that village, sometimes that means walking/driving to the other end of the village. It felt like that when we stopped by Neo's (a friend from A-levels). I was a little nostalgic for home at that moment.

My favourite was the day we spent outside, the last day. Yes, the weather cooperated in the end. We went to the museum (beautiful), the castle and one of the famous streets. I love being outside, it felt like I was taking the beauty of the city all in. It was a little crowded but still really pleasant, the walkways, the greenery and the hills/mountains you could see from some of the high points. Another good thing about Edinburgh is  that all the attractions are within walking distance from each other. I really loved my time in Edinburgh, I am hoping to go back in the summer to do the beach, Calton Hill,  Author's seat and whatever fun stuff is out there. Overall had a great time in Scotland, I felt fulfilled. I also felt rested, though I came back knackered after the four hour train journey (without even a book to read). It felt good spending the money, hopefully 'it will come back' like people always say.

Back home and 'working hard at revision' lol. Three more weeks then I am kinda done. I cannot wait!! I am in a good space for the most part and I wish that on all of you. Love and light xxx


Really beautiful content.


Comments

  1. We need a like button ma'am. But this sounds so peaceful...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts