Strugggliiinggg

Hello,

I don't know if I am at the point where I can say, "sorry for going AWOL on you guys, things have been pretty hectic lately" yet, but yeah sorry. Nothing has been 'pretty hectic' really, except for the February rent. I had planned on writing something to cover valentines day, but I did not like my draft so I just left it there. I am already starting to feel better as I write...this blog sometimes gives me performance anxiety. It should not but it does, and that winds me up because I long decided that this is sorely for journalising my feelings ( the PG12 ones anyway) and just for improving my writing. Still, I feel like I owe us 'well put together' entries.

I quite like blogger.com, not gonna move just yet. But you know if this becomes maybe like a 'proper' travel/lifestyle blog, then we might move. Traveling is probably up there in my life goals list.  Today has been a really interesting day. I went to a student away day, which is an informal formal (yeah you heard right) session where students meet with the big guys in the medical school and give feedback about the course. My motivations for attending; I did not want to go in to the GP surgery today, they give participation certificates and I need something for my portfolio and lastly, less importantly, I genuinely wanted to give feedback on my experiences whilst in Keele. I am not going say much about the meeting, I just wanted to say briefly how grateful I am that my 'happenstance' led me to my uni. I really love Keele university, immensely. I just always felt cared for and supported in my course and just generally across the board. Even when I was failing assessments back in year one, I felt safe and in good hands. It could just be the money thing, but my medical school does hear us, care for us and really try to deliver on some of their promises. So you know, if you are considering medicine...I do often think about how I might have gotten into medical school when it was easier but that is a topic for never.  I have been riding this curve since way back when and I happy to have gotten this far, luck or not, don't care. I am shitting my pants about the prescribing exam results though. The rest of the day was just me vs procrastination/laziness. I actually did put on my gym clothes, and I saw it was drizzling and that was that on that. Who am I to argue with the weather? 

Back to valentines day. I had the best day of my life on that day. I will say it again; I had the best day of my life! Jolang guys, is nice. Now, I am not joling joling, that is however besides the point. The weather, the hike, the music, the conversation, the Karabo, the sunset, did I mention the music? the pink flowers from Sara, the $100 (USD) I won on Pearl's competition, the guitar solo, everything. If I was able to, I would have frozen time on that day, made it forty-eight hours or something. "For everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes". I had an amazing day and shot some pretty good instaworthy photos too. Furthermore, I hosted (which I said I would, absolutely killing it with 2019 resolutions) and "shot a friendship shot", not quite exactly that but something along those lines. All I have to say is, 'Child of God, there is nothing to fear'. Absolutely nothing. My food didn't come out right as it is norm when I am cooking for others, but we all know I am the girl so not fazed.





Otherwise, the seasons are changing. The air is fresh and cool instead of being crispy cold, there is so much more daylight and I have spotted a few flowers here and there. So sad I won't be here for the first part of summer, but I am going to see mom. I am kind of excited about that. Exams are approaching, nothing new. I struggled a bit with the middle part of 'Ghana must go' but it is picking up now, it is just so long a book/story. Super contemplative/introspective about my last allowance. Definitely could have saved more, but alas. It has been an exhilarating ride (mostly poverty stricken but comfortable somehow), I am eternally grateful to the tax payers. I think that is about it for this , thank you for reading. Love and light always. xxx

Comments

  1. This is just so beautiful. This picture is just so wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing amazing baby..💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are going great mama..love Giselle.x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts