A book review.

Hello,


I am reading a book that is really breaking my heart. It is called 'Stay With Me' - Ayobami Adebayo. The story is simply written, I have thought throughout the book, that it could have a bit more description of emotion (my buzzwords). I just always feel like when I read about loss it, should wreck me. Otherwise I feel robbed of the catharsis. However, the story is beautifully sad, layered enough and heartbreaking. I think the reason why the sad parts are not wrecking me is because  we are hopping from one tragedy to the next a bit too quick. You know when you internalise the struggle of a fictional character and it starts making you sad about your own future? Truth is my life has a fifty-fifty percent chance of ending up like the main character's. Okay, maybe not fifty-fifty but you get the point. What would I do? I honestly would not know where to start or how to start or if I'd stay at all. I have had a pretty sheltered life (give or take). At the back of mind I always wonder if my 'rainbows and pink bunnies' self would ever survive life's biggest devastations. We'll see how the book goes.

Anyway, I am well. Tired. Struggling (another buzzword) to formulate my thoughts on what to write about. The woes of being a creative lol. I almost said love and light, but there is too much light now and the light is too warm, it is making me uncomfortable. And the love is replaced by tiredness. I have been finishing at like seven o'clock this last two days and my millennial self just can't deal. Stay well. I will see how life unfolds maybe I will have more to say next time. xxx


Comments

Popular Posts