Nurnberg, the middle and end.



Hello.

So I had a cup of coffee just before seven o'clock, I guess the caffeine is still in my system. So I will do this, write. I am not sure when I will go public with my blog, I am trying to sort out my graphics. And when ever I read back on some of them I find horrible grammar errors and that just does a number on me.

Last we spoke I was in the throes of it. I am pretty up and down, and very dramatic about it. I apologise. I just feel like sometimes the feelings want to be felt. Since we spoke I had the one run, still spending about the same amount of time on social media and done one face mask (zen stuff I tell you). I think I have just been happier, there is this other doctor...nvm, I have decided I am not going to nurture anymore crushes this year 2019. I am grateful for this wave of happiness. 

Anyway Nurnberg. I will try to stick to the emotions part of it. Fast forward comes the 19th of December 2018 and I am taking my first solo trip. 

First of all, whenever I am in an airport my heart longs for Botswana, always. Then there is just too many couples in the airport, almost nauseating (yes, I am somewhat jealous). And there was me, with my curvy ass self, tired afro and alone. I think I almost wanted some alcohol at that point.

Arrives in Nurnberg, no one to pick me up from the airport. Okay. Then my airbnb room has a wall full of my hosts' photos (they are a couple). Not mad. It was almost like the world was showing me my aloneness. And yet, yet I wasn't lonely. I can boldly say I wasn't longing for another, not at this point at least. The next two days have the same theme, shower, walk to town, have coffee and walk around. I basically did what I wanted, I walked in the cold, had whatever coffee I pleased and went to every restaurant I felt like trying. I felt free. I didn't have to worry about anyone else's bank account or preferences. I walked about aimlessly to my heart's content without having to be reminded about the cold or how we need to go back indoors. I was conversing with myself in my thoughts. I listened to my music and went home to charge my phone and lie down when I felt tired. I spent one afternoon reading a book actually, no remorse, no pressure, no nothing. The locals could have spoken more English but that is that on that. I made conversation where I could but I was quiet most of the time. 

I felt slightly awkward restauranting on my own but I was paying soo... I feel like  restaurants are where I had to be most mature. I am normally indecisive about such but I was a big gal then haha. I think I could have benefited from someone saying the seafood pasta wasn't the right way to go. I might have also appreciated someone telling me that zoos are grossly underwhelming, but I still probably would have wanted to see polar bears ( it was one lonely polar bear actually). It might have been lovely if someone told me that Hawaiian cocktails are lethal and expensive, but still I would have had just two to make sure. Ohh and that you need a selfie stick or some balls to ask randoms to take selfies of you. I think not having my close friends to take my photos was the most difficult part out of all of this. I kid you not! It would also have been nice to not see so many couples at the Christmas markets but it was somehow also okay, cute really. 



All in all, Nurnberg was interesting. It wasn't absolutely thrilling but I had fun. I had some alone time...I rode the metro all on my own and got off at Wonder Wessie like it was South Bermondsey. I got to do most things I wanted at my time and how I wanted them. That was lovely. I would probably go with a friend or go to a hostel next time. This was an amazing first that I feel I handled well. I think it also made me realise that sometimes you just have to do it. So I am gonna be doing a bit of solo travel here and there till I get my loml, but I feel better about that after this trip. Let me see if I can find my lessons from the trip. 

And they are:
- Arrive early, so you don't miss out on the day in the new place. Basically arrive early and leave late.
- You may be suited for hotels
- Carry a laptop/tablet/iPad for shows and that 
- Please have a plan of what are going to do on daily basis
- Buy and international charger 
- If you wear makeup, carry a powder
- Please get a power bank 
- Let it flow, cash wise 

And that is all. Funny there were no emotions even though I said I would focus on them. Love and light xxx and please, always welcome happiness when it shows at your doorstep :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts