Day 1 of 365

Hello,

I am in Nando's Euston station. My train is an hour and I thought I'd have one final splurge before I go back to my steerage life. I wouldn't call Nando's a splurge to be honest but here we go. Anyway...I am here on the first day of the year, bringing you 'not quite reflective nor good' tidings.

Last we spoke I had no plans for NYE, then last night we desperately and reluctantly ( I kid not) reached for plans, Not the best laid plans I have to say. Vibes and chasing vibes is very expensive. Stay home kids. Also, whatever plans you have, try to have them centrally because Uber surges do not play. Anyway, yesterday took a piss on us. We started out at a private party, that apparently had too many girls. I didn't know that there was such a thing and I also didn't know it could be a problem. Appeasing our host, we ended up in Cargo, a club in London. I know you read club and and you felt my heart smiling. It was such a shady club, the floor was wet and it was a mess. The music though, the music!!! A wholesome vibe!! I would probably want it cleaned first, but I will happily go back again. Happily! I am saying I kinda sorta had fun.(my food is here).

I always forget how underwhelming Nando's is *sigh*

When the clocks hit midnight, I was awake, on my feet, not blacked out. I was tipsy and happy but not a drunk menace I  was last year. And for me that was a sign of good things to come. I feel like I always take you on my alcoholic recovery journey...but it is necessary, I promise. I think I have gotten the hang of it and it is beautiful. Finally! My absolut bottle is still about halfway full and I am saving it for rainy days. Less is more; the minimalist were right. And because I wasn't 'kissing strangers and making such a scene' like Florence on Grace's birthday, I think this year is going to slap hard and in a very good way.  A reach, I know but I am optimistic and I am hopeful. My edges will come through, my grades, my love life and every all things.

I haven't gotten any proper resolutions, but until March I am probably gonna be laying low and studying, and 'eating right' as far as my account will allow. I thought I spent a lot of money last year, this year has shown me it can get worse. So scared of checking my balance. Do not be this person dear kind reader of this blog, do not be this person. But these are all things I would do again, without a gun to my head, so it is pointless to lament over them. Need a side hustle though, it is gonna be rough.

In 2019, I hope to welcome more happiness, more memories made with friends, more gains and more love, for everything,  for the sun, the letters and the poems, the course and the exercise that is being alive. I feel like this year is really bringing in a clean slate and the only way will be up. I can't wait. Anyway, I feel like getting coffee, settling my debts and going home. I wish I missed my bed or my house, but I don't, sadly, but it be like that. Also, my best friend facetimed at some point in the morning, a very happy moment. Like I said, signs of gang good things coming my way.

Happy New Year
x

Comments

Popular Posts