Alternative realities.

Hello,

So in 'why be happy when you can be normal', the author imagines and writes about a different life she could have lived. So, she is a lesbian, has mental health problems and borderline alcoholic. Umm but in her alternative life, she is straight, the rich straight aunt, that wears all white and has two kids in university or something, recently divorced. She only writes a paragraph or so about it and then snaps out if it. I just saw instagram stories and I am now imagining an alternative life for me.

Here goes;
So, I go to the gym 3 - 5 times a week, I also jog. Like 5 kms in each jog. I have an all white bedroom with the plants and the golden metallic things going on. I can do my own hair and make up. and my edges stay laid, I also have a tutoring job and I drive too. My wardrobe is to die for and I live in either London, Kensington or Cape Town. I also like rupi kaur (I am sorry, I tried). I am 1.7 m tall. I am still and international student but I can visit home when I want to. I have also taken out a gap year to see Europe and Asia, and North Africa. I guess then I have to be a trust fund kind. I still have my killer body just better toned, with no hyperpigmentation areas (damn, comparison is truly a thief of joy).

Relationshipically, I am still with my junior school sweetheart, we have beaten the odds. He asked me to marry him, I told him not to be silly. We are really cute shem! I can twerk...and have sex appeal.  And can just dance in general. I have air pods, very important, for my jogs. My sis just scored a job in Bank of Botswana and my brother is gonna pass his BGCSE, like properly. I still went to Swaneng Hill School though. My mum and dad are happy to retire (i.e. have amassed enough wealth and they have paid off all loans and mortgages) and have moved to what ever little village they fancy, and they skype every week(sorry, that was a whole run of poverty influenced wishes).I am possibly a vegan...and I don't drink alcohol and my boobs are to die for. Winnie and I travel the world, youtubing. I am in medical school still but I can have acrylic nails and that!! I live alone in my flat. Also, I am creative, very creative, I draw, I paint and I do theatre as well. I have done Shaka Zulu play like Ratang. I am Oprah Winfrey rich. That is all.

From a book I read, it was called 'Tiny beautiful things', the author mentioned that our lives will always have 'sister ships'; rosey,  better, easier, non single, being perfect 10/10 versions of what our lives could have been...that ship you will always see from ashore and all you can do is wave and 'sit, feast on your life' (the real one, in the meantime). I mean the topic was wether or not to have babies( also, in my alternative reality, I am certain I want to bear children) but I am gonna project the final advice onto my life. Social media, my perceptions of what is success and what isn't will always have me wishing for more and when more can be attained, I will try to attain more(i promise, when I start working, I am going to invest in my skin). When more can't be attained...I will accept and wave at my sister ship from ashore and visit my mom and dad only during the summer because it be like that.

Anyway, I have given in to trap life(ish), I am going to see Eta tomorrow. Wish me luck!  4 hr train here me goes, living like I am rich. But I can't wait to see her. [Photo of me, somewhere in my late teens, in my home village (majwana) - just random but one of my faves, I feel like I had fewer cares then]

Comments

Popular Posts