looking inwards
I am currently on some kind of retreat. I am trying to look at my life and consider what I want from it and what I don't. Human beings have so many desires, and it is annoying to know it is your brain that is making you think of the things you think of...almost like your mind is mind-controlling itself and you as a result.
I absolutely know that I do not want to keep paying Apple so much money for cloud storage, so I have been on a deleting spree.
First of all: I am grateful - how beautiful and full my life is.
Second: I truly loved my stint in Paris. I adored the city and its accessibility (though only up to a certain point because of the language)...for me, Paris felt like a city that was not in the business of pretending. I could see the limits of the social spending, the somethingness of the French about the city's smells, and yet it went on, and you were always 1 km from a really good bakery or a glass of wine. I loved the sunsets and how the sun hit the white balconies...and the constant wail of ambulances or police cars. It was so small...well, central Paris was, and you could walk everywhere and ahhh... Montmartre ❤️. From going through pictures from my visits there I have realised I wouldnt mind going back there again, living there for a bit and maybe even a solo holiday day there or the french rivera(correllation?I dont know).
So much of what lies ahead (currently... I am going through yet another transition at work, hence these feelings) is unknown and maybe even scary... but like Florence said... at least for a moment we were able to be still, happy, hopeful and content.
| I am soo glad the world had offered itself to me thusly at that point. |
Comments
Post a Comment