when it rains it pours

lol.

I have never ever missed a flight, ever! Or at least through something that was my fault. Air Botswana once made me miss a flight before. I have missed one or two trains or maybe a handful bo five or seven. And I say this in a self-aggrandising kinda way. I am organised and responsible and just better than…well the masses . My reign has come to an end because today I am just like all them (but historically I was better). 

To be honest - I don't know where I lost the plot. 

I am having a just-for-the-visa-trip (Schengen, to facilitate seamless conjugal visits). My flight was meant to leave at 7.30am..well it did, without me. I woke up at 4.30am. It takes about an hour to get to this airport from home. 

Do you know that the gates close? Like they actually close...bo ma 30mins - 40mins before the departure. I got here at 6.45 am. Need I say more...?

I really should have just gotten an Uber. I did get an Uber - to the coach station. Is it because I am gentle parenting myself lately? Tota nna I lost foresight... really forgot that they close. 

Now I am gonna lose a whole annual leave day due to my silliness. I forgive myself and (see how I said ‘and’ not but)...and I will do better next time. 

So far my unexpected expenses this month:

- the phone repair, a whooping £580 or something - I keep increasing it coz ke balela le madi a the subsequent accessories. 

- this flight rebooking - cost close to probably £280 (the £65 missed flight, the money to get here, the £112 rebooked flight, the £23.00 to get to the other airport, a the little airport food I will need in the middle. I feel I have probably disappointed Sanks, let higher Maatla down... I really don't like erring. 

[Side point: I think I'd be judging myself a little lightly if I wasn't such an executioner when it comes to other people's misgivings]

- my brother needs a laptop and I haven't been pulling my weight regarding family responsibilities

And I had the guts to cancel bank shifts.  

I suppose it could be worse... ohh but it is. Also in the future; 

1. gonna do min 2hrs at airports before flying 

2. Give Eurostar 1hr 10 mins. 

3. Everything else - 30 mins. 


Will keep you updated

Comments

Popular Posts