vagabond

 Hi,


I am a service station somewhere in Wessex. My phone is about to die, and my car charger port doesn't work...just an ordinary human with ordinary human problems and just relishing in it. 


Ummm, last we spoke... Ohh, we have talked since I got my job offer. The only new thing is that I failed my submission and am currently trying to redo it. They only give you a week, can you believe it ?? Like I am an adult learner with so many competing responsibilities...but that is the way of life; it demands to be lived (on its own terms) or whatever John Green said. 


I was sad that I had to resit, but my essay was pure ass(well, not ass ass but first draft kind of material, with much content description and no critical analysis or reflection)... and I am sorry that my tutor had to read all that. I struggled with engaging with it initially, but I am using all resources available to me right now (read AI), and hopefully, we will pass. I am about four-eighths done. 


I am on AL and have been travelling a bit with baby. Mostly good, except Bath is a city from hell. No parking, and those hills!! overflowing with masses - blegghh. Basically, I was like, 'Nope, bye!! So my cute Bath lunch did not happen. I will try again next (this time on public transport). 


Starbucks has the worst coffee ever!! Ever! 


I was in Bristol in the morning, and well... what a big town. I saw the suspension bridge and was slightly annoyed that there was no water in the river Avon... like the whole point of me visiting a body of water is to see the water. 


I am not a big fan of travelling. Like I feel like it is much of the same thing. Sure, I do not want to spend the whole weekend cropped up in my room, but I have seen that castle, like Newcastle has the exact same suspension bridge, orrrrr, your pizza is authentic Italian? So is the pizza from my local spot. I have seen a cove precisely like that... water so blue??? Trust me, I have seen it all. The massages, the sushi...nothing is new under the sun. 


I am in no way begrudging it. I want it to be more about memories and experiencing culture (and I don't know what that looks like). Maybe it's the Dominican Carnival or La Tomatina or something in Sudan...with an odd poolside sunbathing, of course, but yeah... 


Okay, maybe things to experience before I return with more insight;

  1. the Delta and proper safari 
  2. beach holiday 
  3. a carnival 
  4. like a cultural exchange of some kind ( I honestly feel like I won't get it in Europe), maybe East Africa?


In the same breath, I like walking, and I like nature (but is there much more to do in the UK ??!)... that will be me going forward now. I need to get myself some walking boots. 


I feel refreshed and happy to have spent time with my partner... but travelling does not get any more than that from me. 


The little excursion I did earlier... I am ready to be a solo traveller fr fr. 

Here is to more scrumptious vibes, xxx


out beyond ideas... 



Comments

Popular Posts