this is 28

It is my official birthday...ummm yeah so to give my phone a break, I am going to list 28 things I am grateful for... it is probably going to be a mix of that and like 28 of some of my current favourite things. So here goes nothing...also I am not going to pressure myself to reach 28...anyway...here goes;

1. This work laptop, my Mac is on its last leg, and this ThinkPad is the best thing under the sun. 

2. Spotify... but mostly all my fave gospel songs on the app. 

3. My house... like a room in a house, but this is the best house I have lived in since moving from Stoke. 

4. That the seasons are changing... the flowers and the buds are just...they make you stop in your tracks, what a joy it is you share the earth with all living things. 

5. The new season of love is blind is out...my live tweets are going to be annoying. 

6. I live in a town with a library, and that means I will not be buying a book this year. Well, as long as I am living here. 

7. Audible...I have not read a single book this year...but I have listened to about six or seven, and well...city girls at least are consuming some form of literature. 

8. My housemates...they are a cute bunch. 

9. Twitter 

10. TikTok... what an app man! Thank you to all the developers...it may not be what it used to be but thank you still. 

11. That for the last year or so, I have been able to work flexibly, from work at times and doing things I think I am truly interested in... good restful times. 

12. My car...I really hope we pass our MOT. The flexibility she gives me!!!

13. My boyfriend 

14. My family 

15. My friends

16. Words... in pages, in song, in conversations, in thoughts...they just do the things man. 

{at this point... things have stopped coming easy... I am thinking really hard...or working really hard to garner more}

17. Weybridge 

18. The trains in England 

19. Naledi's bridal shower....best day of 2022 probably 💛

20. My work union... I don't know...I think we will get pay restoration soon enough... and either way, the strike days are welcomed days off!

21. My students...I think this is how parents feel about children...like they push me to do/learn/act better for their benefit,  hopefully. 

22. Access to credit and my savings...my savings are smaller now, but the last few months would have been hell without them. 

23. Something along the lines of my outlook on life, just-try attitude, my optimism and like the hope for better that I harbour for life...for me, for friends, for family... that type of thing. 

24. Bodies of water

25. Birth control 

26. Just being alive man...like, what a joy!

27. My very larger-than-life, very fun colleague who lets me sit in her sessions... they are always so fun!

28. I was gonna say food...but it hasn't been hitting as well as it normally does...so maybe the salad bar at work 🥗

Fin x

Comments

  1. Grateful for you always, Happy birthday gorgeous ❤ - Cheshe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts