the twenty-nines

A while ago, I was obsessed with Sex And The City and I wanted to be a writer with a successful column. Every time I open a blog post I think... 'oh, fancy Miss Columnist' and giggle a little. I suppose we can be unicorns if we are delusional enough. 

I was out drinking on Friday, more binge drinking really. I don't like that for me. I need to find a sweet spot when it comes to my alcohol consumption. Alcohol is bloody expensive too. I find myself justifying all that because I truly had fun, my heart was happy, felt like a girly pop and was living my fake London-it-girl dream. That was before I got sick, I must not have enough of the enzyme that breaks alcohol down because I vomit each time and have the worst hangovers. Thankfully, this one was short-lived. Also, brunch when you are hanging...life-changing! Apparently bananas and eggs are superior hangover fixers. And that is the upside of hanging out with bev veterans, they know how to fix hangovers. 

Now to the usual stuff. The keys that I lost? They were in my bag the whole time. The whole time! Soo... yeah...and no spare key just yet, so many lessons there. 

I sat my exam last week, it was super hard. I will not be surprised if I fail it. I realised that there are so many gaps in my knowledge. I am back at the drawing board and thinking of a new game plan. I am super tired though, especially because I have other sittings in June and September. Postgrad exams are so expensive and I don't like my study desk and chair. Could get a desk and chair as a short-term solution (really a problem solver). 

My partner and I are moving forward with the next stage of our relationship. Oh, I love this man, so much. I am so giddy and hopeful about the future. I will try not to be overwhelmed by it all but it will require a lot of work and saving and actually moving away from my road man, vagabond life. Basically, this year will be quite interesting for me (but for us).

Otherwise, it is just business as usual: strikes (participating ofc), still looking for somewhere to live, the money is not enough, spring is here. Haven't started gym yet :( but soon, maybe by next Friday. 

Punchline: most of adulthood is fixing and crying and smiling through it all. Like my email subscriptions always emphasise: keep trying, show up, be disciplined, add joy. 💛



Comments

Popular Posts